Do you and your husband share the same beliefs?

If not how does that effect your relatioship? Do you try to force him to believe what you believe? Do you accept it? How does it work for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• we do now. I converted to the same faith as him after we had been together 7yrs. he never pushed his faith on me but let me come to it on my own. sharing the same faith has drawn us much closer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No we don't. He is tolerant of mine, I respect his. Religious beliefs, that is. We do have similar morals and ethics. Before we got married we discussed our beliefs- religious, social, family, child rearing, financial, and we found that we were close enough that a little give and take works well.

Answer by Bmat at 10:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my husband is an athiest and I am a Christain. I love my husband sooo much and I know he loves me too. It has put a strain on our relationship, but mostly about raising our children. When we went to counseling before kids he agreed that I could bring the kids to church and teach them about God. When we had our first child he was very resentful about it. He did not want me to, but that was not something I was willing to give into. So, my husband and I worked through it through counceling and talking through it, and we are still working through it,. We are complete opposites when it comes to our world views, but we respect eachother and love eachother and that is what makes our marriage work.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• kind of I'm Catholic and his Christian so we believe in same god but he doesnt believe in saints even though Santa Clause was a saint, But I dont force him to believe in saints beside his a losey christian,
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No. I am a solitary eclectic pagan and his is an agnostic with Christian leanings. We get along because we respect each other faiths and have chosen to allow our children to find their own path. I will include my daughter in my faith as she get older, but I will never force her. I hope if she choses to follow Christianity, she will follow a form of the faith that is loving and tolerant of others and their paths to the divine.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i was raised christian my whole life but stopped going to church when i was 19/20, but my husband is muslim. we dont try to push our beliefs on each other, ive gone to the mosque w/him i respect his beliefs he respects mine & my family's (they're very strict christian). it has never been a HUGE issue for us, yes there was alot of learning to do about religious practices & what not but it has always been interesting. to me its about the person not the religion & he's an amazing man, i couldn't imagine not being w/someone just because of religios differences. but to each their own, we make it work! <3
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• we are both Christians. he is conservative while im very liberal, but that doesnt mean much. he got to choose his faith growing up, so he doesnt feel the need to question everything like i do. i get on his nerves a lot w/ all my religious ponderings, but what wife doesnt grate her DH's nerves now & again haha. we differ on a LOT of things, but the basics are the same so there isnt a problem.

i cant imagine how hard it would be to w/ someone of a totally different belief.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Do you and your husband share the same beliefs?
    -almost, but not entirely.

If not how does that effect your relationship?
    -it doesn't, we have the same anti-religious views, but i'm more "extreme" in my views than him.

Do you try to force him to believe what you believe?
    -nah, he's comfortable being agnostic and he knows i'm comfortable being an agnostic atheist

Do you accept it?
    -yep! i'm proud to say that we're not religious.

How does it work for you?
    -it's just peachy. we frequently discuss religion, sometimes our views are the same, sometimes they're different. if we just can't come to a conclusion, we respectfully agree to disagree. i'm very happy that i didn't end up with an extremely religious person.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am Wiccan-Witch and my dh is Lutheran (non-practicing) he is accepting of mine as I am of his since I converted from Lutheran to Wicca... We are raising our now 8 yr old gs to follow his own path, but he is leaning towards my faith more so ... we do not lie to him nor do we NOT discourage his questions about ALL faiths.
    We I first converted it was hard, but after a few (no lying) arguements and a lot of long talks, dh is accepted what I believe in to be truth as I know what he believes in is his truth... we have come to common ground and he loves teasing me about flying my broom on bad days...LOL....
    We have a very good marriage and make sure that we keep a very open communication line between the both of us...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• and my typing is so off...LOL...sorry
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2009