how would you word this birthday invite

my son is turning one in november and we are planning a HUGE birthday the problem is people live so far from us (about a 2 hour drive) so I am worried noone will show up. the economy is so terrible and gas is expensive we are doing a japanese theme and we rented a BUILDING full of bouncy castles so it will be expensive for us. I would love for at least some people to show up . I know buying a gift plus the gas money to travel will be expensive so how can I word the invitations that giving a gift isnt necessary but we would accept them? to me saying gifts accepted but not required sounds like we are trying to get them to give gifts by specifically mentioning gifts but we would prefer people to show up and not bring a gift than to not show up at all.

sorry for grammar error english is second language

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would put something like....

We know the drive is long, and the only gifts we are expecting is your arrival and visit with us.

something like that?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Your presence is your present!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2009