At what month do I need to have a baby shower?

Amanda187

Asked by Amanda187 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's supposed to be thrown for you by friends or family...when is kind of up to them. The only "wrong" time would be your due date!

You might also find that your family is like mine. No showers, just presents AFTER the baby arrives. It's a bit of superstition at work.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i had mine at 7 months and I was able to communicate on what date would be best because, well we're a busy family and many people are from out of town, and it was a co-ed baby shower for me and my hubby somy mom selected a date best for us and immediate family and went from there.

But I hear its more typical to have a baby shower closer to the due date like 8-9months...Mine was kind of early
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• you arent supposed to throw yourself a shower. like the 1st post said.. but my friends are throwing me one on oct 10th a month and 10 days before my due date :D
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i was around 8 months. but, you do not NEED to have a baby shower, if you do not wish to have one. I did not want one AT ALL but then I thought of the gifts I would receive for my son and decided to suffer through it just for the free stuff!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My daughter was due March 6th (she came on Feb 25th). My family and friends one was January 31st and my work one was February 18th.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Mine happened when I was 8 1/2 months. It worked out better for me because that way I still had time to plan out what I needed to get because we had to budget everything else in. I didn't want to go buy a ton of stuff when I didn't know what people wanted to get for me, but at the same time I didn't want to have to go out and get everything I still needed in a very short time period. I do think you should have a nice baby belly going before you have a shower personally though.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Mine was on August 18th. My due date was September 24th. I had my son on September 2nd. I think it would have been nice to have it a little earlier. I hadn't gotten a few of the things I wanted and had ordered them, and they hadn't come in yet.

I'd order your stroller and crib early too. My crib was on back order until my son was 2 months old. And I ordered the stroller 2 days before my son was born....it was a travel system, so we ended up having to buy a car seat at Wal-Mart the day we brought him home. We spent 20 minutes outside trying to install the stupid thing! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I think between 7 and 8 months is best because not only does it give you some time to organize/assemble gifts received and do thank-you notes, it also allows possible time IN CASE the baby comes early.
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 12:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The later the better! Everyone wants to see the big baby belly!
    My shower was 2wks before my due date..
    But be careful with that because sometimes you can go into labor a bit early. Happened to a friend & she had hers after the twins were born. so it was a babyshower/ meet & greet ... lol...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Mine was about 7.5 months along. Do it early enough to know what you need before and after the shower and still have enough time to get what you didnt get from the guests at the shower before the baby arrives! Also, who really feels like being shown off when your swollen and about to burst at the seems! Not to mention CRANKY!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2009