What age is too young to have kids?

just wanna know b/c there are an awful lot of women posting that many are too young to have kids. So what is too young?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 11:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think there's really an age. Basically you shouldn't have kids if you are undeducated and/or not financially ready. I think you need to be in a healthy, stable relationship. There are so many other factors. There are just too many selfish people who don't think of the consequences beore having sex. If you're not ready to have a baby, don't have sex. How much easier can it get??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• ditto anon :08
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yep the first poster said it all. If you arent ready to take on the responsibility then dont have kids.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't think there is an age. Some people aren't ready for kids when they die of old age! Some young people, contrary to popular belief, ARE mature enough to have children. That doesn't mean that they do it intentionally, though. I was 18, married, and in college when I got pregnant. I was using birth control. I WASN'T ready for a baby, or so I thought, but apparently it was just meant to happen. Being pregnant and having my daughter is what got me and my family through my dad passing away last year. Anyway, I digress... My point is that, IMO, there isn't an age for having children. That doesn't mean that I'm happy to see so many young girls (like the 14 year olds I've known) having babies in Jr. High or high school, but some of them have handled it very well, better than some people who were older when they had kids. Just my opinion from things I've actually seen.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Just as with the number of children, that's an INDIVIDUAL answer.

I think we can all agree that a girl younger than 14 is too young...that is the usual age cutoff for statutory rape.

But above that age? It depends on the PERSON. I wasn't ready before 30.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think that anyone who is too young to vote and who is still in high school is too young to have children. After you turn 18 and become legally and adult, as long as you have a job & hopefully a decent education then however old you are is just fine. I was, btw, 19 when I became a 1st time mom 23 years ago so I was young by many standards. I was out of high school for a year, married for 10 mos. and we were financially stable (not rich but stable) enough to support a child. Just because you can have sex doesn't mean you are old enough to have a child. Junior high and high school students are not in a place where they can financially support a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• "Basically you shouldn't have kids if you are undeducated and/or not financially ready. "
    AMEN.
    i think under 16 is VERY young. Only because you cant work under 16 and its ur parents who are supporting them!!
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 2:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2009