Is there a such thing as too many kids?

Octo mom got hell for all the kids she has and I understand the circumstances was so wrong, but what about Kate, or the Duggar lady? Do you think a woman can hae too many kids?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 11:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No! Well, I take that back. Isn't the world record 69 children? That HAS to be too many! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• really! 69 kids? get out of here!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't think that Jon and Kate really intended to have 8 kids. As they say, they wanted 1 more and they only had two. I think that if you can't support the kids you have now, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE NE MORE!!!!! End of story. I don't wish to help you (not u personally) pay for your kids, when I have kids of my own to raise! If you can support your children, then whatever. But I think having too many kids takes away from the attention each child should receive from the parents, not older siblings.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 11:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• good point abootie. But I thought that they had help with the other 6 kids.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Sure.

When you don't want the kids, are having the kids for the wrong reasons, or are unable to provide for them... THEN it's time to find a new hobby, IMO. (obviously, in the case of unexpected multiples, it's sometimes hard to gauge the "providing" thing.... so it doesn't really count there)

Other than that... more power to ya!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Too many is an individual definition,

For ME, two kids is too many, But that's for ME only. What others do doesn't affect me.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Octomom couldn't support the 6 she already had, then had 8 more, that she can't support and will never pay back the hospital bills for them. She has 14 too many. I wouldn't have felt better about paying for her mental health care, then her kids.

Jon & Kate tried for one, had twins. They tried for one more, had 6. In their early days, they struggled a bit, but the only assistance they got was charity, they never recieved pa, nor asked for it. Now they still are able to finicially provide for their kids, whether the public likes the means or not.

The Duggars have no debt, nor have used pa. They finacially support their kids on their own and with their show as well. Although i personally don't agree with families that large, i have respect for them supporting "thier own".

My personal concern for women who have child after child after child, is for their mental health, like in the case of the octomom and duggars.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• cont....

However, as long as any parent(s) can support their own children, financially, emotionally, etc., then although i may have some concern for their mental health, it's a passing thought, and i dont' really care that much.

It's the people who have kids who can't support them, in whatever way, that i have the problem with.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• citymama says it best! she just saved me alot of time :) Thanks! lol...
    except for the duggar part :) I think that family is amazing! And think they are doing a wonderful job! (i am worried with Mrs. Duggar most recent pregnancy though. Best Wishes & prayers go out to her!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Kids are a blessing and no I don't think you can have too many blessings. I do think it is unfair not only to the children and to the government to depend on others to raise them. (I am not talking falling on hard times and needing some help) If you can support them, have as many as you want.
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2009