Can anyone tell me approx. how much it will cost to get my hair dyed from dark brown to a fairly light blonde?

I want to get it done professionally because I don't want to waste the money trying to do it myself and have it come out really bad. Can anyone tell me the approximate cost of having this done at a salon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It depends on the salon and the kind of treatment you want done. If you just want solid color, it can be anywhere from about $40 up to over a hundred, and if you want a color weave where they paint the color on strands of hair (not with a cap) for a more natural look I would say from $75 to over $200. I have to say that in my experience you generally get what you pay for. My hear is a dark blonde, and I have it lightened. I've had a few less expensive colorings done, but most of the time they haven't been as happy.

It also depends on where you live. I had an amazing stylist in Wyoming who did my weaves (long hair) for $80, but I could have a weave done for that here in Los Angeles, but I wouldn't be as happy.

Good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• here is what I do. I buy my own dye and do it myself (I am a dishwater blond/light brown with read highlights) I find the color I like, at the moment a light auburn. I also get the 28 day tint closest to it, and the 28 day tint closest to my natural color. I do the coloring in the morning on a day I know I am not going to leave my house or if I am it will be in the evening. I color it with the permanent dye and let it dry. Then I have someone i trust look at it for me, if its splotchy or uneven, i use the 28 day dye that is most likely to remedy the problem over the top. It usually can cover any but MAJOR mistakes and costs less than $30 and I can return the box I don't use. After doing it a few times I am now confident enough I skip buying the other two boxes. Because I walk everyday my hair gets some natural highlights that tend to make it look even more natural.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I live in alaska and have dark blonde hair but want to get it light blonde. Looking around the cheapest but highest quality place is $80 for one color, $23 for my super long hair (almost down to my butt) and then if I want to put dark brown highlights in it, they are charging an extra $11. The catch I found is the haircut! This salon wants $37 for a haircut, so I'm gonig to great clips for that. But it will cost roughly $105-125 without a tip for my hair. And they only way you will actually know these prices is by going out and looking.

I am in the same boat as you, need my hair colored but don't want to do it out of the box! My mom has always colored my hair but I moved 1500 miles away and my DH is coming home from deployment. This is a whole new thing to me!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2009