My dd's cradle cap is flaking off and her hair is going with it!

Has this happened to anyone else? It's leaving her with all these bald spots...I just don't want it to look crazy when it all grows in! Anyone else's LO lose their hair in spots like this?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh this is normal. Babies will lose a lot of that really fine baby hair anyways and then thicker hair starts to grow in.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• that happened to my baby too. you may need to get medicaded shampoo. make sure to oil her scalp and comb it to lift the flakes.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You can use the baby oil and comb the flakes off to help. My pedi also told me to use Selsun Blue one time a week. That really helped. My son had cradle cap really bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• A baby this small does not need any soap or shampoo!!! Rub a bit of olive or coconut oil on her scalp and use a fine tooth comb.

I can't imagine using Selsun Blue on a baby. Read here for more information: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product/218002/Selsun_Blue_Dandruff_Shampoo_Daily/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Yea the baby really doesnt need soap or shampoo on their scalp yet. When my daughter had cradle cap my homeopath suggested white tea. You make the tea let it cool to bath temp. and use it to wash their hair in the bath tub!!! Works like a charm!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009