I have a bachelor degree in organizational business management...how would i get a career job pay $35,000.00++ i'm unemploy please help me find a job i live in nyc!!thanks

212lakay

Asked by 212lakay at 11:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• For the most part, it does not matter what your degree is in. Employers want to see that you are trainable and if you have a bachelor's degree then more than likely you are trainable. Apply for any job that has "Bachelor's Degree Preferred", even if you don't have experience in that field. You may want to also consider applying at the college you attended as a recruiter, advisor, office worker, etc. Most colleges are going to hire someone that attended that school rather than someone that graduated from another school. Also, I don't know about your state, but for Georgia, we have Dept of Labor website that has several job listings. There is a professional/Managerial section that has about 15 jobs for my area alone in that one section. Check to see if NY has something like that. Good Luck with your job search!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• check out a web-site called indeed.com

I hope that helps. Good Luck
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 4:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others.
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation

• Good luck...I have the same degree with a marketing concentration also but I live a hour and a half west of Chicago so I am pretty much screwed (unless I commute which a car would be necessary for here!)...I cannot even get in McDonald's and I have experience there!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 7:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009