Fellow Wiccans

I am in need of a prayer or something. My dad died yesturday and I am wanting to bless his spirit. I am also in search of a poem or something that I can read at his gravesite.

Can anyone help?

palexander

Asked by palexander at 11:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Goddess bless you and your family!
    My mom died in April and it was so hard for me. I wrote my own thing for my mom. I posted it as a journal here on CM. you can take a look at if you want.

I don't have any other help to offer, but i hope that you find peace, and feel free to PM me if you ever need anyone to talk to.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Oh honey I am so sorry. If you need to talk, I'm here, ok? As far as the prayer goes, just say what you're feeling. You don't need any special format or anything like that, just talk to the Divine like you would an old friend.

I really don't know about a poem, though. You could write one yourself, though. I think that would be really nice. If he had a favorite poem, you could incorporate your words with it, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I have been trying to come up with my own poem or something. But we were not that close. And I am finding it hard. Plus his death was very sudden. So I am still in shock.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I was in shock when my mom died as well. For two reasons actually: it was very sudden and i was the one who found her in my room.
    It was difficult for me to write as well. I tried to write a poem but it kinda came out more like a letter instead. So i just went with it.

My best wishes, thoughts, and prayers are with you. ...
    I found it helpful to look up the stages of grief. ...I also found it helpful, after a few months of depression, to start taking st. John's Wort. And it has really helped.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. Envoke the Goddess to sit and be with you at this most difficult time. Light your candles and write what comes to mind. Even if you do not use the writtings at his funeral it will still help.

Sending you thoughts of peace and well being to you.
    We are here if you need to talk.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am not wiccan but i hope his spirit has found his was to the Summerland. God (which ever god or goddess in general you fallow) bless you.I am sorry for your loss.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have sent a wiccan crossing-over ritual thru p.m. Know that he loved you. It was hard for him to express because of how he grew up. Be at peace. Death is only another step in our growth, from infant, to child, to teen, to adult, to elder, to spirit. He has completed his tasks and gone home. Blessed be.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• There is a book called "The Pagan Book Of Living And Dying Practical Rituals, Prayers, Blessings, and Meditations on Crossing Over" that I have heard recommended. I have also heard good things about "Pagan Rites of Passage". An online resource I saw recommended once & bookmarked to read over (but haven't yet) is http://www.celticcrow.com/ncraft/rop.html
    I am sorry for your loss & hope you find something that will be spiritually meaningful.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I almost forgot. The Tibetan Book of the Dead is also a great resource.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009