2 week old daughter

she wines after i put her down for bed at night after ive changed, feed and burped her what would u do?

2.tyme.mom-2-be

Asked by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 11:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd pick her up.

Welcome to the "fourth trimester." Babies are really designed to be close to you most of the time in this early stage. NO, you will NOT spoil her by doing so. SPoiling comes when they're toddlers and you give them every sweet and toy they want. Giving an infant love and reassurance is never never never spoiling.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My daughter is a month old. She does the same thing. Some nights when I lay her down she will go to sleep by herself and other nights she will whimper. Sometimes she will seem happy in her swing and all of a sudden just start to cry. I pick her up and she goes right to sleep. They just want to be close to us. Pick her up and then just lay her back down once she is asleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Hold that baby! A baby this young can't understand words and needs to be held to feel secure and loved. You can't spoil an infant!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Just for whining? Leave her be. If she started crying, I'd pick her up.

If she was whining and flailing her arms, I'd roll her over to sleep on her tummy. All of mine slept that way and I rarely had trouble with them going to sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Maybe try swaddling her... They can frighten themselves because they don't have much muscle control at this point. Our's slept so well when they were small enough to be swaddled. My SIL recommended those swaddler things and my mom had gotten them for us and once we figured them out we had a much happier house! But, I agree, you cannot spoil them that young! I held mine all the time because I knew how much I'd hate it when I had to go back to work... and now they are happy 8 month olds! They want their snuggle time with mommy or daddy, but they sleep in their cribs and they play by themselves sometimes. GL!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2009