AF Irregular? 42 Day Cycle? I Don't Freaking Know!

My husband and I are TTC for baby #2. I had AF July 18-22nd and then didn't get it again until August 28-Sept. 2. So does this mean I have a weird 42 day cycle? Has anyone else had theres be that long? Or does this mean that I just have irregular periods and won't really be able to chart and stuff? I have take an OPK every other day for the last 6 days or so and so far they show that I am not ovulating. If I was on a 28 or 29 day cycle it should have shown that I was ovulating like yesterday. Please help!

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 12:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Health

• with having an irregular AF your Ovulating maybe different or you may not be ovulating @ all, My doctor said to have sex every other day because I have irrgular ovulation.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 12:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Charting actually works BEST with irregular cycles. 42 days is a "normal" cycle for me...so's 35 days. And 38. **smile**

I used to be caught by surprise by my period until I started charting. I don't get caught any more!

ANd OPKs, for ME, were useless. The OPK said I was NOT ovulating when my son was conceived!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Do you remember when you had your period in June? You may need to track more than a month or two...... but keep trying :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well I had the IUD Mirena for a year and a half and got it taken out July 15th. But for the life of me I can't remember my cycle before I got pregnant the first time.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2009