Why are relationships always considered to be

50/50?

Wouldn't the logical POV be that a relationship should be 100/100?

If I'm only giving 50, and my DH only 50, where is each of our other 50 going? Doesn't that leave the door open for the other 50 to carry into another relationship perhaps?

Does it make sense to anyone else? Let's get on with the woman empowerment. I need some less depressing relationship conversation!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 12:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• The 50/50 ratio is meaning we meet in the middle. We help each other out with house work yards work. In other words we split the work 50/50 not ourselves.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If the marriage equals 100%, then each partner gives an equal share.

If you are talking about how much commitment and effort each person gives, then each person gives 100% of his or her commitment or effort.

Answer by Bmat at 12:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i give 100% of myself as well as he, it makes the marriege twice as great and i love it this way
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• But does it not make sense that a couple should put EVERYTHING into a relationship in order for it to work? DH and I have adopted this as our philosophy for our marriage. If we both give all we have and not expect the other to cover the bases, most bases get covered twice, and thereby things have the potential to be done more thoroughly. No?

Think about it: If you teach your kids the 50/50, they learn to "do their share." But if you teach your kids the 100/100, they learn to "pick up the slack." And if everyone does their 100, no one has anyone to complain about because they've each done EVERYTHING they could have...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2009