Why do you get this feeling and does it really mean something?

Earlier this evening I was preparing DH's lunch - all of sudden I just had this bad feeling - like something bad is going to happen. I couldn't shake it and when he woke up I actually asked him to call in today (he goes in at all hours - 11PM tonight - might be home 9PM tomorrow night) , anyway. When I asked him to call in he told me that he had to go because he's back up for a piece of equip today; then I had deja vu which made me feel even more anxious. By the time he left I was almost in tears. I hung on to him much longer than I usually do. And tried to hide the tears.
Why do we have these weird feelings and do they really mean anything? I swear I feel like my guts are shaky now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I get feelings like that too and more often than not it turns out to be something so small that it's like seriously? THAT's what this was about? I know you are freaked, but just take a breath and if it makes you feel better, pray. sometimes that helps me a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I feel that way alot.
    Sometimes something does happen but most of the time it doesnt.
    I freak out almoost every time my husband leaves for work.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I dunno why we have these weird feelings. I read something about going with your gut feeling, but sometimes its hard to distinguish gut feeling from dread or just a plain ol weird feeling. Sometimes they are right, sometimes we are totally off.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I kinda get that with my mom. I get overwhelming feelings to call her and come to find out she needed to talk to me (she doesn't have long distance) or she was sick or hurt or depressed and needed to talk. It's weird because I will call her and when she answers I say before she can speak "Whats wrong" and she will say "I'm having a bad day" and we will converse from there then she is better after we talk.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2009