If someone could give me advice please?

My back is killing me. Not like normal, it is on & off. I haven't started timing anything yet, but I'm wondering if I should? For a couple hours now the back pains have also been accompanied by slight cramping in my lower abdomen. The reason I'm iffy about going to the hospital is because I am between doctors & want to be sure it's something that needs to be checked out, instead of me just being uncomfortable. My medical records are not yet in my possession (they said it would take between 7-10 business days - I signed the release on Friday) so I am officially without a doctor & will not be able to see one until I have my records. Would the hospital need my records if I do need to go in? Does anyone think this may be premature labor (I am 33weeks but am expected to go into early labor)? Or am is it more likely I am just really uncomfortable? Any advice or opinions would be helpful. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well I have heard of the Heart shape.. and from what I know about it preterm labor is a common issue with this problem... I'd go get checked if there is a problem they can contact your previous doctor thats fimilar with your issue or you can request then to call the new doctor... Either way its better to be safe then sorry.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 1:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• you could be in labor the pains your having i had with both my children 8 hours befor i delivered
    mommmeof2

Answer by mommmeof2 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• if early labor is a possiblity I would got get checked No they can get all the medical records they need from you. . Why are you expected to go into early labor if you don't mind me asking
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 1:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• OP here - I have a bicornuate (sp?) uterus, they said it's usually known as a heart-shaped uterus as well. I was told by my last two doctors there is a very high possibility I will go into labor early. Also, at my last ultrasound he was measuring ahead of schedule (by a few weeks, not just a few days) so they think it will be sooner than later. I wanted a second opinion though, so I requested my records thinking I still have at least a few more weeks...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• it could also be your little one pounding his head against your tailbone and spine. My son found great enjoyment of that between bouts of hiccups from about 31-35 weeks. Was not pleasant in the least.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2009