How can I potty train a 2in a half year old boy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let's Talk Potty Training
    Potty training a 2 1/2 yr. old boy.... Our son will be 3 in April of this year. I tried potty training him, but obviously we are doing something. ...
    www.pampers.com/en_US/ltpt_storyHome.do
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There's no training to it, they're not dogs. If the child isn't ready to potty learn, it's not going to happen. However, what I did was buy the little potty chair, and leave it where my son could inspect it look at it, mess with it whenever he wanted. When he started removing his diaper and trying to urinate on everything (18 months), I put a few cheerios in the bowl of the potty chair and told him to tinkle on the cheerios. He did, and I praised him immensely. He was thrilled, and we repeated this a few more times, then no cheerios were needed. He'd just go to his potty, then announce what he'd done, and we praised him for being such a big boy.
    MommyLady

Answer by MommyLady at 6:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I was sent a 3 day method by someone on CafeMom.. you can pm me if you want it... I've heard so much good things about it.. but I have already successfully potty trained my 2 yr old... I just put undies on him and he hated the feel of having pee on himself so he has told me ever since when he needed to pee and poopie...
    Joqui

Answer by Joqui at 8:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008