i think i catched a cold? can my baby get sick?

i have sore throat and runny nose,my tonsils are kinda swollen too, i wonder if it is a cold or allergy due to the beginning of change in weather, i just don't want my baby to get sick too, any advise on this she will be 4 months on the 20th

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 1:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Exposure puts her at risk. If you're nursing KEEP nursing...that';s her best protection.

Use the usual precautions. Wash your hands. You might wear a mask when you handle her.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• There is a chance she will catch it (breastfeeding or not), and while it sucks to have one so young be sick...she's starting to build immunity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Of course breastfeeding or not a baby will be exposed BUT, if one is breastfeeding, baby is able to receive mom's antibodies which helps lessen the sickness and sometimes prevents it all together. Breastfeeding is the best defense to baby getting sick.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Definitely agree with the post before me!!!!! I am breastfeeding my 11 month old and have gotten sick a few times and she has NOT!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009