which should i do?.....(delivery)

idk if i want to do a vaginal birth or a c-section. im 32 weeks and the clock is ticking, i have already started going into labor (twice) and having it stopped. i would like to deliver vaginally, but the thought of tearing and stuff makes me cringe, and i dont know if me and my husband can think of my vagina the same way again lol. and i kinda want a c-section because it just seems like..idk...like i wont have to be in labor for so long, but i know recovery can be rough...

give me your opinions! :]

danette624

Asked by danette624 at 1:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Vaginal honey. I know it seems kind of, well, icky lol. But the recovery is SO much shorter and you can get your vagina back into pre-baby shape really easily (kegels are SERIOUSLY miraculous!). As far as tearing goes, I did have a tear and got 4 stitches (I also went through labor without drugs, so hear me out on this part!) and it wasn't ANYTHING like I thought it would be. I didn't even feel it. The transitional labor contractions are the most painful part of it, and the shortest. The pushing and stuff is a piece of cake after that, as far as the pain goes. See, the pressure of the baby's head kind of numbs you down there. I didn't even feel the tear happen. Mine was healed totally after about 8 weeks. Or, at least, that's when the last of the soreness went away, but it was healed before then. Your hubby will be ok with your vagina! I freaked over the same thing.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• drs DONT do csections just because you want one.
    So many things can go wrong.
    It also adds risk to if you get pregnant again.
    If you and baby are fine do it the way you were ment to.
    Only do a csection if medically nessicary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• they also cost so much more
    Anonymous

• So, you would rather have your skin, muscle and uterus cut into and have to recover from that then to have a baby naturally and tear? Wow, it's a vagina, it's where babies are supposed to come from! C-sections should be a last resort!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I've had a C section, and my sister had a vaginal with a 5 point tear like a Star shape... . . I was still havin problems a year after my c section... my sister was fine a week after... go for the vaginal if you can... not to mention C section is a major surgery that can have major problems.. when the last time he heard of any one dying from a vaginal birth.... its much safer
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 2:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• CONTINUED:
    But he and I agree that things are even better down there than before our daughter was born (thanks again, to kegels). You can prepare your vagina and perineum for delivery by doing a perineal massage. It's kind of weird, but it does help a lot of women. I won't go into details about it, but you should check it out.

Healing with the stitches really isn't that bad. They burn some for the first couple of days when you pee, but after they the biggest issue is mostly just them itching as they heal. You don't have to have them removed because they disolve and you will usually be given a bottle to squirt water on them to clean them after using the bathroom, and a spray or something to help numb the area. Ice packs are great, too, for the first day or two.

But there's no guarantee that you'll tear at all. A lot of women go through labor and even deliver kind of large babies and don't tear at all!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Do it vaginally! I didn't tear at all, so I was lucky, but tearing is a lot easier to deal with than a huge C-Section scar! And hubby still loves my vag because apparently, my body is designed to have babies and it just snapped back into place as soon as my dh was born. Seriously, I know there are a lot of horror stories you will hear from friends and family about labor and delivery, but here's a great story:
    Went in at 5:30 PM, had some contractions, had an epidural (I highly recommend one) and started pushing at 4:45 AM. By 5:15AM she was out. It was such an easy delivery, and honestly, you'll forget all about the pain once your baby is here!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had an emergency c-section. It is no walk in the park, I can tell you that much. I wish I could have given birth vaginally. The day my son was born I was in a drug-induced haze and I hardly remember it; I wasn't allowed out of bed all day. I was in horrible pain for a week, with dwindling pain for three.  I could hardly stand up from a sitting position. I couldn't drive. Just picking up the baby was hard work. I needed help doing the simplest of tasks.

If you can give birth vaginally, you should. That's my opinion. C-sections have risks that vaginal birth does not. A c-section is major abdominal surgery and it is completely beyond me why anyone would choose it over a vaginal birth. Yeah, the vaginal birth is painful at the time, but you can be up and walking around the same day.

jessiferzzz

Answer by jessiferzzz at 2:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Yeah, the vaginal birth is painful at the time, but you can be up and walking around the same day.

LOL pretty much what I was gonna say after I had my daughter I was up and walking 3 hours after she was born.
    I dont see why you would pick csection.
    It can be dangerous and should only be used when needed
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• seriously? I think your husband can get over it and they only give c-sections if for some reason you cant deliver. Thats just lazy do it like your supposed to not cuz your scared. U should be so lucky alot of women want to vaginally deliver and cant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2009