mom said we "abused her son" for not letting him eat junk food at school....

I'm a preschool teacher. I had a student (age 5) His mom said he had special dietary needs, & need lunch brought from home. The school said yes. When I asked her about his eating habits, she said he didn't eat healthy foods b/c he didn't like them, & he doesn't ever eat fruits and veg. b/c he doesn't like them, so she doesn't feed him that, nor does she make him try anything or even encourage it (her own words). So she would bring him lunch. That first week, he brought soda pop, fruit roll ups, pop tarts, and things like that. All the other kids were complaining to their parents that they wanted that stuff. The parents complained to the school. The director had to tell her she could not bring outside food w/o a doctors note, & she told us we were "abusing" her son for not letting him eat what he wants?
Anyone else think she's a little crazy? She tried to file abuse charges against the school even! (liscening laughed).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in

• I think its amazing she had her mommy panties on to call licensing on your center and report you but she cant stand up to her 5 y/o and make him try food thats healthy! Blows my mind what some parents will spend their time and energy on lol and completely ignore the things that truly matter.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Wow! That's a parent without a spine.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• She is an idiot!
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 2:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• That mom is crazy. It's her actually abusing her son not school. I think the director/principle should tell her to transfer her son to other school.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• And we wonder why obesity is so high in this country it's because of morons like that that let their kid eat junk and get FAT! I seriously wish they could be tied to a chair and fed donuts til they puked. Makes me sick!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• op here...it was a private preschool. He was in pre-kindergarten. They ultimately left, b/c it actually said in our policy handbook that we serve nutritious homemade meals and children are taught to try at least one bite of each food group, and nutrition was encouraged. Liscening said we had the right to turn HER in to cps, but we when she argued, threatened and left the following week, we just let her and the issue go. I'm just shocked that any parent would think feeding a child nutritious food was abuse, just b.c he wanted junk food!?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Some one needs to smack her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• She is 'abusing' her child for letting he be so unhealthly. some one should call child services on her!
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 2:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Wow, that's just sad! She needs to learn to be a parent... "Not liking" healthy foods is a learned response she allowed her child to develop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• WOW!!! I can't believe a mother wouldn't even allow a child healthy foods. That totally stuns me! Why allow your child to be stuffed with junk that has no nutricious value!? I might understand a bit or so but absolutely not a meal full! And it is a learned habit! Imagine how this kids teeth are going to be like!!! If his mother doesn't make him eat (or even off) good food, she probably slacks on brushing his teeth because he doesn't like that either! I am so shocked a mother would be this upset over feeding a kid healthy food and esp when the school SAYS what the child will be eating!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2009