swine flu

i'm not against the vaccines they give our children, I am scared of them which is why my son is already late on getting his 12mths shot and him now bein 18mths old.My question is should I get him the swine flu vaccine and what are you doin for your child to protect them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My family will NOT be getting the swine flu shot. I don't trust it. We are practicing good hygene and there are a couple of homeopathic remidies that take to build our immune system and help prevent viruses.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I refuse to get my kids the swine flu vaccine! I am teaching them good hand washing and cough prcedures.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• We are focusing on prevention.
    My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.
    It is a virus! You catch a virus by coming in contact with it This is why handwashing is so important. Did you know that viruses can live on paper money for 9 days?
    You can also adjust your lifestyle a bit to build up your immune system. Not getting enough sleep can lower your resistance to disease. So can being dehydrated, so be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Alcohol, meat, dairy, highly processed foods like white sugar and white flour all weaken the immune system. Foods that build up the immune system include: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Add a good probiotic
    If you choose to vaccinate your child(ren), I strongly urge you to have your doctor's office order the single dose, preservative free vaccine.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• We are not getting the swine flu vaccine. I refuse to let my family be government guinea pigs.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I chose to protect my kids by getting all vaccinations on time and if the pediatrician recommends the swine flu vaccine, they will receive that as well. I have two asthmatics and refuse to gamble with their respiratory health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I agree with Anon 8:15. I'll go with what my pediatrician recommends as I trust her judgement and she also has young children. (If you don't trust your doctor, it's time to find a new one.) My son wheezes with just regular colds/allergies, I'm not taking any chances. I don't care how much you talk about good hygene, they're toddlers and touch everything. My son is a thumbsucker which just adds to the risk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My family has already had H1N1, so no - we won't be getting the vaccine and I'm glad we don't have to worry about it. Don't think I would get the vaccine anyway, I know what happened the last time the government recommended a vaccine for a specific flu strain.

Answer by missanc at 8:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think that if your son doesn't have a compromised immune system or some other underlying health condition, you'd be safe in sticking with the regular flu vaccine and practicing good hygiene.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 10:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• were not getting the swine flu shot either,they dont know all the side effects,but my family will be getting the flu shot
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• We are not getting the Swine Flu Vaccine, and if you really want to learn more about vaccines there are plenty of groups here on CM that would be glad to answer questions and there are MANY websites you can look at. Good luck.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 11:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2009