What milk to give my 6 month old daughter?

I breastfeed my daughter. I started to do half and half when she was born, half breastmilk and half formula(ENFAMIL).But that didn't won't out.She hates enfamil.So I strictly just breastfeed her.But now I need to work, but am afraid that I will not pump enough milk for her if am at work( I really enjoy being a stay at home mom,but got bills)..lol..F.Y.I :-)...Was wondering which other milk that would taste and be as good as breastmilk???...Her g-mom..says that I probably just have to test milk, but I dont want to make her sick(stomach).

ChloesMom030509

Asked by ChloesMom030509 at 2:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use similac advanced (dark blue label), no problems there.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It's really a matter of trial and error. My DD hated Enfamil, too, but likes her Similac Isomil (soy) a lot. She was lactose intolerant, and I lost my milk. Anyway, you'll probably just have to try a few to see what works. Start by mixing it half breastmilk and half formula, to keep tummy upset down. Try asking at your Pediatrician's office if they can give you samples of formula to try. A lot of Ped offices do.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I started to breast feed my son, and then wasn't able to he is now 6 months old as well. I always mixed my breast milk with soy formula similac soy to start out, and then i went to parents choice because it was cheaper, and didn't have any problems with it. he's been on soy milk and breast milk since he was about a month old, and my son is huge! No weight loss or anything. Good luck and hope this helps
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I started breast feeding with both kids had trouble with my milk dring up the only formula they would touch was the nestle goodstart
    the orange can
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• ive heard your milk will come in no matter how much you pump...so look into pumping often and freezing it....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Buy or rent a good breastpump; I worked full time, sometimes 50 hours a week, and breastfed until my daughter weaned at 23 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• She is WAY too young for milk!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I don't think you will have any problems with puming enough for her.....
    But Good Start is sweeter more like breastmilk and breastfed babies tend to like it a bit more.
    She might also like it more if you DON'T mix it with breastmilk... she might wonder why the breastmilk tastes so bad... where is she just had formula she might be willing to take it. (worth a try anyway)
    Don't give her regular milk, she is WAY too young.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Was wondering which other milk that would taste and be as good as breastmilk???

Sorry mom but there is no formula out there that is (a) as good as breastmilk (there is a HUGE difference) (b) that tastes like breastmilk.  I would do your best to get a great electric double pump.  You can rent them from the hospital if you don't want to buy one.  Pump for when you are gone and breastfeed when you are at home.  Good Luck!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• start pumping in advance and eat oatmeal daily to build your supply.... if you go the formula route look into organic formula only. It is WAY too soon for cows milk.

You can also check out hemp milk or almond milk.

I agree with anom before me-nothing is better than breastmilk and nothing taste like bm. If they could figure out that riddle they would be making bank.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2009