I cant do this Im so misrible can anyone help?

I have to lose 100lbs andthe past 3 months I gavent lost a thing. I am stuck at 255.
Im 5 ft 9 so that makes me at least 100 lbs way over weight,
I hate myself I hates seeing me in a mirror. I dont even want my husband to see me naked. Its killed our sex life and I just misrible. I eat healthy and I walk an hour a day at the gym.
Its all I have time for but it adds up to 1 1/2 miles
Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I know what you are talking about. I gained about 100 lbs with my pregnancies. And here i am almost 3 years later and i still have about 80 of the 100 lbs to lose. When you find out how to lose weight, let me know! lol. I have been eating right, drinking plenty of water, cut back on soda, exercising. Yet nothing seems to be working. I won't do the surgery. It scares me. I wish you the best of luck! *hugs*
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 4:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You can do this. Sounds like you've hit a plateau. Time to switch up your exercise. Your body can get accustomed to the exercise you're doing and that doesn't help. Take 48 hours off - then hit it again with a new diet (not a different one - just new) if you've been counting calories, switch to a heart healthy diet for a week and instead of your normal walk - climb stairs. The reason switching up helps is because your body don't have time to get used to a routine. Routine help to cause plateaus.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• why don't you see your doctor... I don't know how you feel about Surgery, but I know there are some pills that help... Trust the pills suck though ugh.... also try getting a trainer @ the gym, I don't want to upset you but the kinda results your lookin to get isn't going to come by walkin 1 hour a day.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 2:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Have you seen a doctor? Maybe you have an underlying medical condition like a thyroid problem. Just a thought...it seems like you are doing the right things. Until you figure it out, keep your chin up. Your husband isn't just attracted to your body...he's attracted to your mind and your confidence. Be pround of who you are!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I know just how you feel girl! There is a group on here (that I am a part of) called I need to lose 60 lbs or more. You should check it out. The support and ideas are awesome!!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• An hour a day is all I have time for
    Between 2 kids and my husband and work I havent any extra time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am not sure how you are defining "eat healthy". Here is how I define it:

Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• what do you mean define it?
    eating healthy is eating healthy
    end of story i dont need you food guide lkine if i ate that much a day id be fatter
    meat and dairy is needed for a healthy body the real thing to cut back on is carbs that is what makes alot of people fat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Actually, not eating enough can slow down your metabolism. Your body needs nutrients from food. If you don't eat enough of the right things, you will not lose the weight. Go to http://www.mypyramid.gov/, enter your stats and see what you need to eat on a daily basis. Most importantly, you need to work on self-acceptance and being kinder to YOU. Until you overcome the negative thinking you won't lose the weight permanently.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009