Cabbage and Kielbasa

Im making it for dinner tomorrow . Im starting it in the crock pot in the morning I was wondering tho .
What kind of seasonings should I put in it?
Should pepper and onion be just fine?
Anyone else eat this ?
Any tips would be great.

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP ~ Sounds great to me! What time is dinner? I'm coming over to your house first!
    salexander ~ Let me know when you have your keilbasa and cabbage dinner and I'll pop in!

LOL....this is one of my favorite meals and my mouth is watering even though it is only morning...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Onion and pepper is fine for most any dish. Maybe some dry mustard would be good too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I add chili flakes to mine, but i fry it on the stove...never thought about the crock pot. I also serve mine over brown rice. It comes out pretty good that way. Good luck
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 6:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I love cooking it in the crock pot. All I add is some ketchup.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am Polish and we eat Keilbassa with sweet and sour cabbage. I bake my keilbassa in some water and beer for flavor. The cabbage is made with a bit of bacon grease, salt, lots of pepper and sugar with a little apple cider vinegar too. I don't do my cabbage in the crock pot but I have done the sausage and it turns out great. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2009