was this my bloody show? what does it mean?

so last night i was cramping and when i went to the br a little brown booqer lookinq thing plopped in the toilet. when i wiped i was bleeding like pinkish brown color and more brown mucus was on the tp. i went to er cause it made me nervous i wasnt dialated and when the on call mid wife came in and checked me more brown mucus and spotting. i asked what it was or what causes it she said i dont know but if its not bright red your okay and baby is good. ( i go to a clinic i never qet any answers). someone told me sounds like bloody show? if so what does it mean will labor follow within the next couple weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well when u lost that mucus plug with the blood it usually means labor isnt far away! the mucus plug is what plugs the cervix and now that u lost it u should start dilating soon.... although some people have lost it and not went into labor as an RN i haven't heard of having the blood show on it and not going into labor within a week...... but then again anything is possible..... But the doc that told u it doesn't matter as long as it isn't bright red is wrong, if u have more brownish discharge or a whole lot of clear or white discharge make sure u go back to the ER ASAP. don't wait.. I know a lady that this happened to and she waited to go back to the ER and she ended up having an abrupt placenta .... so dont wait if ya feel anything is wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• op- i have been to er more than once for bad cramping, i had a leep surgery a couple yrs ago and one of the mid wives at the office told me if i cramp qo to the hospital so we can check you cervix, each time i went there they had to give me a shot of brethine (sp) then would tell me to drink water and send me on my way. i never qet any of my questions answered :-/. i will be sure to qo back if i feel uncomfortable im not scared to bother them if i feel something is wrong!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2009