what to wear to a wedding

I have to go to a wedding on friday night it is outdoor at 5pm. I have no idea what to wear!!! The wedding is for a friend that i haven't seen in a couple years. Would a little black dress be approprite? btw i am a size 14-16 and there are going to be a lot of people there that i haven't seen in years so i want to look amazing...please help!!! the invite didn't say anything about being black tie or anything like that but i am lost! oh and because it will probably matter i am 24 years old! THANK YOU!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• really any cute dress would do, i was just in my cousins wedding on aug. 28th, i did hear people complain about black dresses. check out jcpennys, sears, kohls. if its not black tie it doesnt have to be super fancy, maybe a longer dress to since now its been getting colder outside at night too.

have fun! :)
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 7:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Oh yeah, haven't seen people in years, you've got to be ravishing! In my family it's tradition to wear black to weddings because noone wants to wear anything even close to white so I'd say if you like the way you look in the black number, GO FOR IT! If you FEEL smashing in it, you will be smashing in it!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I went to a family wedding this past Saturday, and the dress was everywhere from suits to long, formal gowns to capris and sandals. I wore black cropped pants with a rasberry colored knit shirt with crocheted inset, I felt very comfortable and not over/under dressed. I'd go for the LBD or some type of printed, loose dress and a hice pair of heels. Go simple on the dress and knock them out with some cool and funky jewelry. Kohl's is having some awesome sales, I'd say try there. GL!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2009