rash

yesterday I got a terrible red raised bumpy rash around my nipples. My baby is breastfeeding fine - but rash feels warm and uncomfortable --anyone know what it is?????

Sherri0521

Asked by Sherri0521 at 7:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Health

• It could be impetigo. It can be treated by a cream from the doctor. Or if it's a yeast infection, using Lortrimin AF on your nipples can help as well but make sure to wipe it off before nursing....not wash or scrub just wipe.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It is now itching like crazy. I am going to doctor at 1:15 today. Thought about posting a pic on here so others would know what to look out for --- after I find out what it is....

Thanks...
    It's also my 4oth birthday today --- lol --- and I have a lovely rash on my boobs.
    Sherri0521

Answer by Sherri0521 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well - went to doctor and I have a fungal infection --- from to much moisture trapped between bra, nursing pads and my boobs leaking.

Have to use Nystatin cream between feedings.

No fun..

Sherri0521

Answer by Sherri0521 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2009