breast to bottle

i have been nursing my daughter for exactly 3 weeks now and i need to move her onto the bottle because i go back to work in 2 weeks..do any of you mommies have advice on moving from breast to bottle?? my mom said i should just nurse her at night and inthe morning and bottle feed during the day...would that cause nipple confusion???

ilovEmma09

Asked by ilovEmma09 at 8:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It won't. but I recommend that someone else feed her the bottle as she may not take it from you since she associates you with nipple/boob. We used the playtex drop in bottles. I nursed for 10 weeks then went back to work and then nursed and pumped for almost a year before she weaned herself...feel free to pm me if you need any suggestions.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• We did 1 bottle/day (daddy got to do a night time feeding and I got to sleep a little) and it worked well to get him use to a bottle.
    We used Breastflow bottles with are supposed to be more like the breast
    We didn't have any trouble going back and forth
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• None of my children had nipple confusion. My oldest was in the nicu and went from pacifier to bottle to breast with no problems. My second and my third I breastfed but they had bottles from about day 3. I used the regular gerber bottles. They didn't have bottles on a regular basis either, just here and there, and there was never a problem. With my oldest when I did go back to work I did exactly what your mom suggested. That seemed to work really well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i breast fed my baby every time when i was home,and hubby would fee dher when i was gone,it doesnt confus them
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'd suggest nursing when you are home, and bottle only when you are not there.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2009