Can I take my daughter to a different state on vacation withouth permission from my ex?

I am the custodial parent which makes him the non custodial. He has supervised visits but chooses not to come to see her nor call. Nor pay child support for last 6months but thats another story. By law do I need his permission if I decide to leave NJ JUST FOR VACATION?

MamaOf3Girls09

Asked by MamaOf3Girls09 at 8:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• you DO NOT need his permission...the only thing you DO have to do is make sure he knows the address and phone number of where you are going...if you don't he can claim parental kidnapping....unfortunately been through that with my sis...but was told by the police all she had to do was make my brother-in-law aware of the address of where she was staying with the kids and he wouldn't have been able to do anything...so cover your butt!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Nope. You only need permission to go out of the country - it has a spot on the passport application for the other parent to sign. You are only going on vacation!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Alrite thanks ladies
    MamaOf3Girls09

Answer by MamaOf3Girls09 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• What does the lawyer who knows the law in your specific area say?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Sorry But no! He or she can have you arrested for kidnapping if you do and they find out! I would also get it in writing when he or she Say's it is OKso they cannot pull a fats one and have you arrested anyway. Especially if there is no love lost between you  two. An ex is always looking for  something  to mess with your life!

GrandmaRBN

Answer by GrandmaRBN at 10:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• In my state you do. Even if you are the custodial parent, you are supposed to notify the other parent if you take the child out of state.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If he has not contact with the child will he know if you went on vacation or not? I dont believe you need permission...
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You don't need his permission.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If your court order doesn't state it, then no. Your only going on vacation, not moving. If you were moving there, then you would have to properly notify him.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It doesnt say in court order that i have to notify.....but it doesnt say i dont have to either..if i go i guess i will just let him no.my problem is what if he objects it
    MamaOf3Girls09

Answer by MamaOf3Girls09 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2009