Earwax Question

I keep getting all this earwax in my right ear and then it dries up and sticks to the inside of my ear (I guess an earwax build up) and it hurts so bad! Do you know why I might be getting so much earwax? Do you know what I can do to make it feel better? Thanks!

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 8:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Health

• there are drops you can buy over the counter at almost any store...my daughter gets this after swimming sometimes...if there is alot of chlorine it dries out the wax in her ears...go to a walmart or target that has a pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist...they can tell you where it is on the shelf...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Could be allergies. Try some debrox and go see the dr if it doesnt clear up could be an ear infection.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• ear wax is most likely related to two things, an allergy or that ear canal is smaller than the other one and not naturally flushing itslef like it should. ear wax is easily treatable and manageable! simply put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the canal and let it sit for about twenty minutes maybe twice a week. then get into the shower and let the shower head spray into your ear. if you do this regularly you should never have a problem with hardened or clogged wax. you can also use almost any oil to soften the wax, baby oil, vegetable oil, mineral oil, sweet oil, even liquid stool softener for babies works well if you happen to have it around.
    if you have some pain associated with it from the wax congestion, you can use a warm compress and tylenol until you get it cleared out, or sometimes a solution of fennel and warm water( filter out the fennel) dropped into the ear is helpful. similisan makes a good earache product OTC
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• if you have more pain than what tylenol can handle you can even mix preparation H with warm water ( mix very well) or even anbesol with warm water and use it as drops in your ear. both products contain a topical lidocaine that will numb the ear temporarily until you can get the wax flushed out. IF you have any drainage at all from the ear that is not wax, DO NOT put anything into your ear other than your elbow( haha) and call your doctor today.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2009