It's a struggle. All faiths please

So most of my life i have been lost spiritually. I have tried Christianity and paganism. They both feel rite. I have had this struggle for six years. i do not now what to do. I like both paths but i know i can not fallow both. I realy need advice. Thanks for the help

Christine113

Asked by Christine113 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have been there christine, and it came down to this for me. I believe the same you do but originally was torn between both. What if I was wrong? But if a god would damn me to hell for worshiping what was trully honestly in my heart, then I want no part of that. Parts of Christianity still make sense to me, there is great wisdom in the bible. But some of it rings false to me, and I believe that I cannot pick and choose what I like and call myself a christian. The christian faith says specifically what they believe, I dont fit in that box and thats ok. Now I can still take christian tenets and apply them to my life, for instance, I believe that the morals in the bible are spot on, bt I like you, believe in the great spirit, and gods and goddesses and to me that makes me pagan. As I searched deeper I found I was shamanistic eclectic witch. Parts of many religions make sense to me.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Was it it you enjoy about each faith?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You can follow both. There are Christian-Wiccans and Christian-Pagans. Eclectic paganism means you follow what feels right in your heart. Originally, before Christianity was enforced by military, people incorporated it into their existing faith, whatever one it was. Celts honored Celtic gods and Jesus, Romans honored the Roman pantheon and Jesus and some of the Greeks too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Who says you can't follow both?? I see no problem in blending both belief systems into your own path. I don't think god objects to respecting nature.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Answered at 2:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 by: IhartU Was it it you enjoy about each faith? I enjoy both. I love how the Christian worship god. But i love how the pagan worship there gods too.

Answered at 2:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 by: 2autisticsmom Who says you can't follow both?? I see no problem in blending both belief systems into your own path. I don't think god objects to respecting nature. I feel that i can not fallow both.

I can not choose both. when i choose one i feel the other is better for me. it so frustrating for me. i do not know what to do

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• ask the creator to guide you to that which is his truth and most pleasing to him and what will bring you to paradise
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Answered at 3:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 by: Aasiyah
    ask the creator to guide you to that which is his truth and most pleasing to him and what will bring you to paradise

ill have to try that thaks !!!!
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You're right when you say you must choose. God states that he despises those that are luke warm and will spew them out of his mouth. You are neither hot nor cold but luke warm. I realize that some believe you can have both but if you read the Bible God does not share. He's a jealous God because he wants to bring all his children home with him and yet they choose other paths. You must choose the path you want to walk but don't expect God to compromise.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You like how each worships their God(s)..... that's great... but what "God(s)" do YOU believe in?

If you believe there is only one God & Jesus is his son, then you are Christian.

If you believe in the Christian God AND the Pagan Gods, also, then you are Pagan.

If you don't truly believe in either, but just like how they worship, you may be of a different belief system all together. Just admiring how someone worships their God(s) doesn't make you a person of that faith.

G'Luck
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I honestly believe in the Great Divine. The great Divine is every God and every Goddess in one. It is all and one. loli know it might sound confusing. But my thing is i do not want to be wrong. what id i am wrong and i go to Hell. Or what if i am wrong and i go to the after life and and i find out i could of worshiped any god and or goddess i wanted.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2009