What would YOU think about this situation?

I'm doing this question anon for obvious reasons lol...but anyway here goes. I have a "buddy". I don't know how else to put it. I've been "with" him for about 6 months now, we get together every couple of weeks to have sex. We are up front and honest with each other, neither one of us want a relationship right now. So basically yes, it's just sex. I mean yea I care about him but not in a way that I want to date him or anything right now. I trust him because we have been so honest with each other that he's not sleeping with anyone but me, and the same with me. We agreed that if we were to meet someone else this would stop because I'm not into having multiple partners. Go ahead lay it on me lol, what do you guys think about this situation? (btw, I'm 31, he's 33, we are both adults)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Nothing wrong w/ this. As long as ur honest w/ eachother & ur not becomnig too emotionally attached. Why r u even asking this question if u r already cool w/ this situation? As long as both parties are okay w/ it then its all good.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Do you want someone to tell you that this is okay? If you are both comfortable with it, and neither of you are married or in a relationship with anyone else, whats the problem? As long as you are okay with the idea that it may not grow into an actual relationship, go for it...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• *OP* I guess I'm just curious on other people opinions , because not a lot of people in my life even know about him. I'm not looking for someone to tell me it's ok or not ok, just opinions. Good or bad, I'm a mature person, if I ask for an opinion I can handle what that opinion might be. That's all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If it works then so be it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• For the older generation, I'm sure that it's looked down upon. For this generation, as long as you are 2 consenting adults, what's the harm?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'd like to say it's okay, but birth control fails - are you ready to take on that responsibility and risk? Would you be able to work with him to coparent that child?
    That being said, my dh and I were really good friends from school and we discovered we have similar sexual appetites (bondage, toys, etc) so we decided to be "friends with benefits." Needless to say, it developed into much more than that very quickly.

Answer by missanc at 9:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2009