Are energy drinks bad for you?

My dh and teenage son are drinking them too often (atleast it seems like it to me)

What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am told they are expecially if you have heart condition or high blood presure But I still drink them LOL They work and they are legal.

GrandmaRBN

Answer by GrandmaRBN at 9:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They're certainly not GOOD for you. They have a LOT of sugar in them among high amounts of caffeine in most cases.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think they are ok in moderation, which is hard because they really do work and are a tad addicting. I like the low carb ones. The regular ones have sugar, and make me crash.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had read that some of the ingredients can screw up your sex drive. I started noticing that when DH is drinking a lot of them, he's not as interested. I pointed that out to him (in a nice way) and he cut back on them.
    Most of them are nothing but sugar, caffeine and Vit B anyway
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They are terrible. They are empty calories, laden with sugar, and the amount of caffeine and "natural" caffeine derivatives in them can stunt growth, cause hormone imbalances, facial acne breakouts, mood swings, headaches, as well as a whole slew of craptastic side effects. Do not buy them for the kids any more. You can control what they drink at home at least.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• mY HUSBAND gOT dIAbETES fROM rED bULL!! nO LiE.. COTAINs LOTz OF sUGAr..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009