Leaked Fluid & Contractions Every 2-4mins

Hey Fellow Moms Out There....Friday I went To L&D & Got Checked Because What I Thought Was My Water Breaking Was Only Discharge & I Still Wasnt Dilated...Last Night Comes A Gush Of Skim Milky Watery Fluid This Time It Was Different From Friday It Trickeld Down My Leg & Soaked My Undies....So I Go To L&D & Get Examined & They Said I Dilated From Nothin Friday To 1 1/2 Cin...& The Fulid Was Postioning Fluid & She Still Has 12.2 In The Sac & That Im Am Cntracting Every 2-4mins Bt Thats Wasnt Enough To Keep Me Soo Now Im Home Again But Having Back Pains On & Off & It Feels Like I Have To Do The # 2...Anyone Experienced Similar Or Have Anythought About This?????????HELP

SkylarsMom0922

Asked by SkylarsMom0922 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why didn't they keep you? It seems like having contractions that close together they would want to keep you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have went to L&D (with my first) due to a sudden release of vaginal fluid (I got a little excited).

It sounds like you body has been practicing for labor, if not headed in that direction. The best thing you can do for yourself and your baby is to continue with daily life, maybe even take a warm bath. It you are going into labor, and in a nice full warm bath (when your body can start to float) it will do 1 of 2 things:

1) Make you so relaxed your rushes stop

2) Make you so relaxed your rushes pick up

Try and enjoy this time before the more powerful rushes start. But with each one you are getting closer and closer to meeting your new baby. ((HUGS)) and good luck!
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 10:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If your water breaks, that will only end in delivery! And it definitely sounds like your water broke! If any of the amniotic fluid leaks, the baby is at risk for infection if not delivered within a certain amount of time! Your doc needs to get on his/her game and take care of you properly! Do you have an alternative ER/hospital you can go to???
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My water was broke for 2 weeks before they finally took my daughter, they really wanted me to be able to go 2 more weeks but they couldn't stop labor. But I did go to the hospital Within an hour ro two of my water breaking and was there until she was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• anon..... whuhhh??? lol
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If your contractions were that close, why wouldn't they keep you? Did they test the fluid? Was it amniotic fluid?

Feeling the need to poop when you don't really have to is usually a sign that you are late in labor. I would demand they keep me if you are highly uncomfortable or feel like you may deliver soon.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• sweet : I was supposed to have a c-section, but at 30 weeks my water broke, it took me about an hour or so to realize what was going on and get to the hospital. They kept me and hoped that I wouldn't go into labor before 34 weeks. I went into labor at 32 weeks and nothing they did stopped it. So they took her at 32 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They Say Its Postioning Fluid & Im Only 1 1/2 Dilated,Everyone Is TRyn Figure Out Y They Didnt Keep Me We Seem To Think Insurance Purposes, They Dont Wanna Have To Pay For Me To Stay In The Hospital Intil Im Really In Labor...My Bottom Still Hurts & Still Feels Like I Have To Poop & Im Still Having Lower Back Pain That Starts In My Butt Moves To My Back & Comes Around To The Front Of My Stomach & Thats When My Stomach Tightens....
    SkylarsMom0922

Answer by SkylarsMom0922 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• & The Fluid Was Very Watery But It Was White Like Skim Milk
    SkylarsMom0922

Answer by SkylarsMom0922 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009