For those who are pro universal healthcare...

what do you think of this article and what it is saying about France??

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124958049241511735.html

Craftymomof3

Asked by Craftymomof3 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh craftymomof3, But they love to bring up France when discussing the issue. It's the continual go to source for pro-UHC facts! I wish they'd just move there already and get all the free non-healthcare they can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I agree with you anon.Those who seem to think these others have it made and its all peaches and cream and better..then why not go? I mean if that is how I felt I would.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Interesting article, thanks for posting it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have never brought up France when discussing Universal Health care. Funny how they never mention that we're trying to copy the Dutch system where they create a market for insurance companies, so insurance ends up being extremely cheap & you actually get it from the insurance companies not the government. What the government in the Netherlands pays out, is to the insurance companies. The insurance companies get paid for giving cheap insurance to those who are sick & to those who make less. The government pays the difference to the insurance. So, if you have cancer...you will get the cheapest health care. Not the other way around. From what i understand, this is the system we would most likely model after, not France. We should model after them anyway, since %100 of people in the Netherlands are satisfied w/ their coverage. AND %100 of people are covered.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The thing about the maternity ward, that is a little scary, cause what if there are complications. What if someone needs an emergency C-section like my sister and friend. That can cause a lot of deaths, if they can't get to the hospital. I just wish people would open up their eyes, wake up and smell the coffee. There are so many things that could go wrong and it seems people just don't care. They only care for themselves and what they want. They say they care about the 50 million that are un-insured, but that is just a cop-out they really only care about what they want.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am pro hc REFORM just like many others who post to this site.
    I know other countries are providing better quality hc to a greater % of their citizens at far cheaper rates Japan, as an example. I'm currently reading books by Raffael and Reid-
    Small businesses are closing and larger companies are moving well paying jobs off shore partly d/t through- the -roof hc costs. Our current system is not viable for the long run and something needs to be done before few, if any, Americans have access to affordable hc.

I'm not in agreement with what is happening now in Washington, and believe that the charades need to stop. A clear, concise plan needs to be devised and implemented. These folks present themselves as the best and brightest, let's see them put those minds into actions.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009