what would you do if knew a store was Selling Minor's Beer and Cigarette's

What would you do If You knew of a local gas station knowingly sells beer and cigarettes to Minors? I am so angry that he is selling to these kids and I cannot stop him, I even told our local police but they have done nothing TO STOP him! I would not want him selling to My Kid Half Of Gilbert H.S goes there knowing they can get beer and not be I.D. I really wish These store owners would stop wanting to make a buck at the cost of our children's Life!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• go to the police again and again and agina until they do something
    maybe with some news clippings of teenagers killed in car wrecks after drinking, surley then they havve to wake up and do sometihng
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You can report the store to the licensing dept in your state or local government. Also if you have a task force like SLED, or tobacco, firearms and alcohol division, in your county you can contact them. We have stings all the time around here and they love to bust bars, restaurant's and stores. This has nothing to do with the local police tho, they stay out of things like that around here.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• y would the police stay out of it?? Aperson can get arrested for that.
    But if thats right, maybe then ask the police who it is you need to go to.
    good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think you did what you could already. Just keep going to them, but really there is nothing they can do unless they witness it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Secretly video tape a teenager buying cigs and beer. Then send it to the local news. I am sure it will stop then.
    Doodlesrevenge

Answer by Doodlesrevenge at 10:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I video taped our local store selling liquor to minors. Gave the tape to the police they did a sting and closed the store down. Funny thing is everyone was mad at me for it. Apparently many parents like their kids could go buy them cigarettes and alcohol so they didn't have to get their large butts off the couch. So pathetic.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I find it odd also that the police have done nothing, but if they don't do anything, go to the local news.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Look on the door or window,there should be a sign on the door that say, Cigarettes shouldn't be sold to minors,on the bottom there is a number to call to report such things. Call the police and keep calling them,go to your city or state office,and report it to them,if you can go inside the store,there should also be a license in the store, there is a phone number on there too. A business or company is only allowed to keep that license, if they follow the rules of the state. Don't give up, this is the only way we can get rid of annoying problems in our neighborhood.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have this in reverse. Friends of my DD own a carryout. Their oldest boy is 15. They let him drive all over the place with no license, and he works the carryout by himself. He is not old enough to sell tabaco or beer, yet they let him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I used to work for a so called man who cared more about a buck then anything El's , he sells all the time to minors. one of his employees even was busted twice lost his drivers license for 6 months for selling to a minor, paid a big fine . The owner just plays stupid pays the fine's for his employees and keeps selling! I was told I was not needed anymore I know it was for I would not sell to minors but I cannot prove it. He said I was to Friendly to the customers Since when does being nice get you fired ? /Laid off? he has hired 4 different people all have drug records since he let me go! As well as the man that still works there. I was the only one with no use of drugs and no arrest record.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2009