Do you have Geico?

We are considering switching from USAA to Geico because it's cheaper. I've been told by quite a few people that initially it is cheaper but if you are involved in any accidents or receive any tickets, basically anything that affects your driving record, then your payments will skyrocket. If you have Geico is this true?

vnw1405

Asked by vnw1405 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hey! I have a really good friend that works for Geico. She has for years. She said she would NEVER get Geico. She said it is really expensive and sucks. She actually tells everyone that asks not to get Geico lol. She has USAA. Hope that helps!
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had geico for 3 years, but never had any accidents, tickets, etc - but I have heard the same thing from other people. Allstate did offer to match my geico rates, you might want to try them and see if they will for you also.
    I ended up switching from geico to my husband's policy when we married.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I haven't had any issues with Geico.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I've been with Geico since the fall of 1997, the only times my rates went up at all was when my current DH got a ticket. Then it only went up like $10 a month for 3-4 months. I wouldn't change to anyone else...we only pay $60 a month and the service is great.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have Allstate.

Answer by louise2 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I found their rules to be quite rediculous. We had Geico for a few years until DH's license expired; he cannot renew it right now due to new laws w/ citizenship. They told us he HAD to have a license becuase we are married and are now 1 person!! What kind of crap is that? So marrieed couples have to both their DL's to have insurance?!
    imransgal

Answer by imransgal at 11:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2009