Does anyone think/dream about their ex?

I cannot stop thinking about my first boyfriend, the one I dated all through highschool and took my virginity. I have not seen him in 6 years, and have not talked to him in 4. I have dreams about him almost every night. Dreams that we are married, have children, and live happily together.

I am happily married with two children. I can't imagine my life without my current family, but find myself constantly thinking about what my life could have been with my former BF.

He was my first love, we were togther for five years. Does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• yes. It makes me feel super guilty when I wake up from a really pleasant dream featuring an ex...roll over and see my sweet DH. I love him completely and wouldn't ever cheat on him, especially with someone from my past who I broke up with for a dang good reason! But, yes. I do too.
    I will never ask him if I am the star of all his dreams for this reason....
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 10:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I did when he was around and things were going bad with my dh. I was blinded to his true colors and thought he had changed, and then I finally had enough with dh and left. I started to open my eyes to what kindof person he was when he started pushing me to be in a serious (living together) relationship quickly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I haven't seen my ex in nearly 20 years, he was my first love, my first sexual experience, everything. I still have dreams once in a while about him, nothing sexual, but just dreams that we are together. I am friends with his wife on FB, and he and I have e-mailed a few times back and forth. He and I have made peace in the ending of our relationship, and I feel good about the way that things have turned out. I will always have a place in my heart for him, but realize that he and I weren't meant to be together forever. I don't think there is anything wrong with your dreams, unless you start to think about the ex all the time, that my signal something missing in your current relationship.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i have these sparatically. i wake up feeling quite sad, since my dreams are really vivid.

it upsets me, and also makes me happy to have these dreams..... but i do hope they will eventually all go away
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• yes. I do still think about my ex. It's not like pleasent dreams or day dreams of us happily together because he really screwed me over. Things ended up badly and I feel very resentful. I am glad that we are not together but sad because I can't look back on even the good times that we had or love we had w/eachother fondly. Because of what he did to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009