Serena Williams?? Do you think the fine was fair?

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/10041466/U.S.-Open-reviewing-end-of-Williams-match?GT1=39002

This morning I heard the line judge was thinking about a lawsuit. I think that is going over the top personally. No I don't agree with the out burst but I do know that emotions can get the better of ya when it's all on the line.

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 10:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If this was the first time that her temper got the best of her on the court, I'd lean towards shrugging the whole thing off. But, it isn't. She's a mean tempered person... and that isn't any way to be- no matter how well she swings a racket.

Grow up and pay the fine, is my opinion. Keep her mouth shut next time and it won't happen again.

The lawsuit is ridiculous.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i think $10,000.00 is a bit much for pretty much....bitching. I would have been pissed to though. The judge made a bad call.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I just think it is being blown way way way out of proportion

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• She threatened to harm the woman while holding her racket. If I was the judge I would have been afraid in that moment and would sue her. Threatening a person is a crime she did it has not showed any remorse for her actions. Her half a$$ed non apology shows she does not feel she has done anything wrong. She deserves to be suspended and fined heavily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• We just want to sue anyone for anything these days. I you can't take the heat put your big girl panties on or go home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think the fact that they issued the maximum fine for her outburst is a bit much. I'm not condoning her behavior, but really what she said and how she acted was not as bad as the many John McEnroe fits I've seen over the years. I think he was once fined $1,500. That's it.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Serena Williams - the only person on earth thankful for Kanye today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• 10K is pennies to her, I'm sure she isn't hurting in the pocketbook. However, her image will be tarnished for quite sometime.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 11:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Considering she received $350,000 thousand just for making the semi's, $10,000 is fair. PLUS, she didn't get the chance to finish competing for the title of WINNER(nor the $ that came with it).. In fact, to many Americans she now looks like a primadonna loser! Thank goodness for V. Williams and Oudin. Venus is more respectful and reservesd. Oudin is an up and coming American Tennis player. She is young, she is good. She is respectful. She brings life back to American tennis...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The fine is fair, the lawsuit is stupid

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2009