if you could go back in time and change one event in the course of history, what would it be?

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 10:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The event that occurred on September 15, 1978, when I was 11 years old. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Nothing. I wouldn't be the person I am today, without going through issues, to strengthen my character. I didn't like to go through them, but things happen in life we have no control over.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• this last election
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would go back to my wedding day just to rearrange my hair and fix my make up
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 10:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Anything that has to do with racism!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would change me, I was a terrible and  teen. I think if I would not have been like that I would have did better in life.

Answer by louise2 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Anything that has to do with racism and any genocide that ever happened in history also I would add.
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 10:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• In general I would say the Holocaust; but then my FIL would have never come to the USA and then my family wouldn't exist the way it does now because he would have never met MIL and then DH wouldn't have been born. So, sadlly, I would say nothing because what you would change may alter your reality in ways that may not be as positive as you would want.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• @ balagan_imma Very good point. I wouldn't be here if there weren't any war in my country. Sigh. That's sadly why all I would change would be my hair and make up on my wedding day....It shouldn't affect the course of time too much...
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 10:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My first instinct is to say the Holocaust, because that was such senseless death to innocent people. But then I think of any war that has been fought over the past 200 years, and it seems that they all have involved senseless deaths. By changing the course of history or any one event, most of us wouldn't be where we are today, so although violent and unecessary, I wouldn't change anything.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2009