Dumb question do i have to take my tounge ring out while im in the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes i think so

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I didn't have to but was told that if I had to have a c-sect, I may have to remove it then
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• ya if u have a c-section i know you would have to take it out, i had to remove all jewelry.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Only if you have a c-section. Then you can keep it in until they get ready to take you to the surgery room, then you can put it right back in when your brought back to your room.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They would prefer that you do just in case you have to go into emergency surgery but you don't HAVE to. I kept my belly ring in the whole time though. Not because I was being stubborn or anything but because it's been stuck for years, lol. I tried and tried and couldn't get it out. They said they would just cut it off if they needed to.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I wanted to take mine out, just because I had dry mouth and my tongue got a little swollen. It should be able to go back in though, if you have had it for a while...
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 3:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i left mine in. and all my earings and my anchor. i wouldn't worry about it much
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 3:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• no. only if you have a c/s do you have to take it out.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 4:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would take it out. They say only if you have a csection BUT I had to have an emergency d&c due to my placenta getting stuck. I didnt have ANY time to take my jewelry off, I was bleeding to death. I would take it out. Thank goodness I had cilicone plugs in!! They said if you have metal on anywhere it will burn you. weird!
    Ilovemybbgrl

Answer by Ilovemybbgrl at 6:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My doctor told me that if I get an epidural I will have to take it out. I had to take it out when I requested an epi with my first son too.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009