Does anyone here not like Las Vegas?

Ok so I went for the first time this weekend to celebrate my B-day. I was so excited. Once I got there I was like what's the big deal? I'm not much of a gambler. I did gamble a little though. All we did was eat and go to see Cirque De Soleil which I loved. Other than that I didn't get what everyone is so crazy about. Did anyone feel this way or just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DH want to go. But I told him. Except for gambling and shows what else is there to do there

Answer by louise2 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Oh I loved Vegas, and i'm not much of a gambler
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have never been a huge fan of Vegas. I won't go out of my way. But every once in a while it is a fun escape from reality. I just went this past June with the 3 kids and had a blast. We stayed in Circus Circus and spent the bulk of our time in the amusement park and at the pool. Felt rested and continued on to LA to meet up w/DH (kids and I drove and it is a natural stopping point.) There is a bunch to do outside of Vegas like Lake Mead and some other National Park/rec area stuff as well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My DH and I went to Vegas when the Guggenheim motorcycle exhibit was there. We didn't go to any shows and didn't gamble a dime but enjoyed the attractions. Then again that was seven years ago and we haven't been back. So I guess I'm with you, I don't see the big deal.
    ASunny

Answer by ASunny at 11:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• When we visited, I never got appeal.
    Now we live here and I still dont get it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Head to the desert when I don't drink or gamble? I don't think so. I was there once for a family reunion. I never care to go back. There are shows but I can see a show in several places that are a lot more beautiful. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 11:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I don't drink, gamble, enjoy shows or amusement parks of any kind. I'd much rather go hiking/camping in the woods. Never been to Vegas, doubt I would enjoy it if I were to ever go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I agree. It's not very exciting unless you are a partyer. I went for my brothers wedding a couple years ago and was totally excited. But then I realized that I don't drink and don't gamble. It was miserable! I had some good food though.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think its just OK as well. I would rather ski, hike, run go and do something......
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I went as part of a group excursion a few years back before I had kids. I didn't get the appeal either. I can think of much more fun and exciting things to do with my leisure time and vacation dollars.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2009