Being molested as a child, can this be real? (not sure how to word it)

I am a bit shaken up. Please don't bash what I say.

How do you know if you were molested as a child?

I used to get weird "flashbacks" of it, through out the years, only here and there. At a house I used to play at as a child, I don't remember the girls name (my friend) but I can, with very much detail remember being molested?

But last night, and since, I keep having the flashbacks, I can't stop thinking about it, I have been very emotional since last night, couldn't sleep, ect. it was like a wall broke down and all these thoughts and images rushed my head and mind.

As much as I can remember detailed wise, it seems like it happened I was 4/5ish. Besides t hat I don't remember much of my childhood from that young.

So could I have been, or is my mind having some really weird F*ed up moments.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Health

• Gee, I'm sorry!

I don't think your mind would just make this stuff up out of nowhere. Could be something in your life right now has triggered the memory.

It's not good that it's affecting your sleep. If that continues or you can't deal with this, make an appointment to see a psychologist to help you sort through it.

((hugs))
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 11:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I don't think you could make something like that up. But I do have to wonder--could it have been a movie or something? If it feels like it was happening to you, it might have. But if it seems like you were a bystander, it might have been something you saw that gave you nightmares as a child & for some reason, you are now remembering it.

I would talk to someone right away. Find a counselor or a minister or a trusted friend & start working this out. Good luck to you & I hope you can find some peace.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Maybe you could get some counseling! Maybe hypnotherapy would help? I am so sorry you are having these feelings and images!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You definately need to go to a cousilior to find out if these are real memories or just something that you've seen and subconciously incorporated into your dreams. If they are real, I'm sorry...I've been there.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My daughter was molested when she was 4, and is 11 and still remembers with great detail...unfortunately it was by my dad, who is now in prison for 36 years...get therapy, and see if you can deal with the feelings you are having, asap...it's a scarey thing...just know now that you are safe where you are, and if you need to take anti anxiety meds or something to help you sleep maybe that will put your mind at ease. Therapists can also teach you relaxation techniques...HUGS..
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• PM me if you need to talk! Don't brush it off! Your soul is trying to tell you something so you can heal! I didn't know I was either. I was two. I was having this wierd visuals of a 14 boy walking towards me totally naked in a bathroom and closing the door. Nothing else came to me but I was so sad. So eventually I asked my mom if she had a nanny that had a teen boy. She got really quiet thn asked why. Well her answer was yes, and she said I was 2 and she always wondered if something had happened but never said anything out of fear. I have been able to heal. It explained some issues I had that I didn't know I had! PM me anytime.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009