Improving my appearance?

My looks have gone down the drain since I got married 5 years ago. Now that we are divorcing I would like to lose weight, and buy some better clothes, start wearing make-up. But I have very limited funds. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• start by drinking lotsof water..it'll help you're skin look awesome as well as aid in losing weight. green tea works well for this as well.also after you drink the green tea use the tea bag on your face it aids in making your skin glow and keep it clear. obviously water and green tea are next to nothing if not free!:) also walking or jogging will help you lose weight..you dont need to pay someone for something you can do yourself if you put your mind to it! get on a balanced diet.(fruits,veggies,barely any soda..etc) make-up is def not needed! i wear little to none and i get compliments on im naturally beautiful( i say its the water /green tea bags/eating right) but if you want to use makeup it's not that expensive really for dep store brands etc. better clothing you can really find some awesome stuff on ebay for cheap(i buy mine on there) but really if YOU exude beauty than everyone else will see it too! good luck
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i started doing the same myself. i dont like alot of makeup, so i started using lipstick and eyeliner, one of my co-workers said that I looked stunning and this was a man that noticed it, lol. it does make a difference. I dont know what kind of hair you have but i have naturally wavy hair and i usually flat iron it, i started to keep my waves and it makes me look so different and nice. The weight, walk, walk, walk and drink loads of water, lower your carb intake, eat good carbs. All these things are cheap. I buy my eyeliner at target, walmart or christmas tree shops, at the latter I bought an Almay eyeliner for $3, i love that one. Clothing, you can go to burlington coat factory, Ross, target, tjmaxx and marshalls. these places have really nice stuff, most of them are brand name for a lot less. If your funds are even more limited, try ebay and craigslist or swap with friends. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Make-up doesn't have to be expensive to look nice, I use Revlon or Loreal, I just replaced everything in my make-up kit for under $25 because of buy 1 get 1 sales at CVS and Walgreen's. Pick something on your face to pop, whether your eyes or lips. If it is your eyes, use a good liner and smudge it into your lashes, use mascara, it makes a world of difference. If you'd rather your lips pop, then go a little easier on the eye makeup but use a bright red lipstick. Go to Target or TJ Maxx for clothes, or your local Goodwill, they have cute styles at fair prices. First and foremost though, love yourself. You only exude real beauty when you love yourself first.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 2:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• As far as makeup goes with Avon you can get an entire set for around $20 including foundation! Take a look at www.youravon.com/dhullum I've found the best way to lose weight and tone up is to walk. Its nice because you can do so with your children. Avon also makes shoes for fitness similar to Fit Flops and Sketchers new toning shoes but at a fraction of the cost! If you're interested take a look on my site and use coupon code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Good for you on getting a new start! For the makeup; try going to a sephora store and getting a makeup consultation. They can show you how to apply makeup and even give you some samples to play with. Once you find what you like you can buy the drugstore version.
    As for the clothes, look online to see if you have a Playto's Closet near you. They are used clothes but only those from the last two seasons so you know they are in style and in fantastic shape. My sister got a 45$ Hollister sweater for 5$.
    for losing weight try adding a little extra exercise into your routine. You don't need any special equipment to do basic exercises. You can look online for some good ones. You can also get some books at the library on different diets you can try. I met a plastic surgeon who strongly recommends the south beach diet. Good luck!
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 3:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2009