What would you think about someone who always replies " Well, I don't have that problem...or...My life is perfect!" when you're sharing a problem with them, in all confidence?

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 11:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• They are probably lieing.

Answer by louise2 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would think that they really do have problems and are just saying that to convince themselves that they don't and for some reason they don't want to admit they have the problems. I would think if it was true friend, they wouldn't rub it in your face that they didn't have that problem but most likely listen, offer advice or just a shoulder to lean on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If it's all the time and in all situation they're probably lying. If a friend confides in me and I genuinely have never experienced the same problem then I'll say so before offering advice so they know it's all theoretical but if I have experience I'll share it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Those are the ones with the REALLY messed up lives.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

___
    This.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well, most of the time, I just needed to talk it out to feel better. Wasn't really seeking for an advice but more hoping to have my friend listen to me, the way I listen to her. But instead, I get this problem measuring contest...if you know what i mean...feels like some strange competition. And yes, she does have a lot of problems, which I don't rub on her when she talks about them to me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who see or feel the bitterness in her tone. Thanks everyone!
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 12:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They are phony. I hate that when it is the two extremes either they whine and complain or brag. But will they will ever admit they have faults maybe a little differrent, but no one is perfect . No matter how much they try to say they are the perfect mom, lover, wife and friend, it is not true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'd say....
    yea, okay... you're so full of crap because no one's life is perfect!
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Nobody has a perfect life and as I tell my children a person that claims perfection is probably got something wrong in an area that is not so easily seen... my best guess upstairs in the head, lol. I don't share my problems with just anybody, mostly my best friend, so I haven't heard these comments. If I opened up to a person that said this then I would not make any mistakes at talking about my problems to that person ever again and they'd soon become acquaintance over friend. A friend is a person you can relate to and open up to, a person that treats themselves as being better than you is not a friend.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• That it's easy to lie online.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009