If you ever had acne (or really pimpley skin), how did you get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Health

• My doctor gave me a prescription cream. I used it for a month or two and i've never had a problem sense. ..that happened years ago.

My husband has bad acne and has recently started using ACV to get rid of it. He says it seems to be working ...but then again, he only just started using it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I went to the doctor and was put on accutane. It worked but really puts your body through the wringer.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am OBSESSED with ProActive! I started using it months ago because nothing else was working and I was sick of using diffrent facial washes all the time and never seeing any results. This stuff has worked wonders for me. No pimples, blackheads, anywhere! Good luck, I know how frustrating acne can be!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• pure honey, and green tea bags. rub the green tea bag on your face(after its been boiled of course) and it aids in helping your skin clear and make it glow. pure honey is antibacterial, this is why it aids in helpling it clear. just apply a honey mask before you wash your face daily. i used to go through plenty of store bought treatments and none worked..but then i began watching what i ate as well as using what nature gave us and really thats what gave me my skin back:) good luck
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I use ProActive, it is a great product for pimples and balances the skin, not over drying it or leaving it oily. Try it!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Neutrogena Skin ID really helped me. I haven't had a pimple since!!
    a_star_forever

Answer by a_star_forever at 4:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009