what is wrong with my breast?

I fill like there is a rock inside my breast when i touch it, it fills so hard and it hurts. i have been breast pumping for couple weeks already and i never had this problem 4 day ago i notice can you tell me wants wrong.

maria815

Asked by maria815 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like you have a clogged up milk duct. Put a warm compress on it and when you pump, press on the lump in the breast. the pump doesn't clear out all milk ducts. when a baby nurses, you notice that they tend to root around a little, that rooting changes the angle of pressure and purges the milk ducts but a pump won't always do it so you will have to help it out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Plugged duct. I just had one. You have to nurse as much as possible, apply hot compresses, pump if you can. I don't respond to a pump anymore so I had to "milk" myself in the hot shower. You will be able to see the plugged duct because sticky thick milk will come out. When you no longer see this kind of milk the duct is cleared and you should feel better in a couple of days. I would encourage you to post in a breastfeeding group.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009