what is wrong with my baby? Help!!!

ok i asked a question yesterday but let me rephrase it> ok friday i went for my 9 week ultrasound and the doctor said they couldn't see the baby that the sac is there but not the baby so they are doing blood tests on me this hole week to see if my hormones level is going up or down, he said there could be two possibillities or my baby stopped growing since the last ultrasound or they can't see it because it's too early which is unlikely he said because at 9 weeks we should see alot of things>>>what do you think if they don't see the baby by friday and my blood test comes back with low results they told me i should go to the hospital and have it suctioned out,,,,. Kind of freakking out here!!!!has anyone heard of this??

ihope

Asked by ihope at 11:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would let your body naturally miscarry if the end result is the baby stop growing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It is possible you will have to have a D&C if there is no baby. But you can also wait and see what happens after a couple of weeks. If there is no baby, your body will begin to miscarry naturally or you can opt to have the procedure done if you don't want to wait. I hope that see your little one and your blood results prove them wrong. I have had two miscarriages myself and it is so sad. Good luck.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Don't give up, see what is going on first. It could be so many other things, as parents we don't give up on our baby, they depend on us. :) Good luck, and I will pray for you.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• A sad thing for a baby is that if it's not 20 weeks along or more, the doctor will do nothing to keep it from miscarrying. It sounds like the fetus has stopped growing. Your doctor is right, you should be able to see something that resembles tadpolish-like outline...you may even see the heartbeating at this point. I agree with anon :54 and let your body do what it should naturally. If in a month it hasn't, then I'd let the doc take over.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It might just mean that you aren't actually as far along as you thought you were. There can be a lot of different things that could be going on, and it's so early to diagnose any of them. I agree with PP's that I would give it another month or so before I would consent to D&C to see what is really going on.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• a 9 weeks baby would be TOTALLY noticable with body parts & a heartbeat. My guess is that you have a blighten ovum (empty sac)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2009