My 3 week old baby hasn't poop in 3 days now.

he is both bfeed and bottlefeed when he is still asking for more and I'm empty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You think you are empty but it's just his way of getting you to produce more milk. Babies don't poop as often as we do as we tend to eat foods that have a lot of 'fillers' in them. It's normal for them to go 5-6 days before pooping. As long as you don't feel any lumps in his belly from a poop build up, he's probably fine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Call your doc and see what to do. they may suggest inserting a small suppository.. or you could try taking baby vicks rub and rub a little in a CLOCKWISE circle on his belly....
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• breastmilk is preoduce all the time your breast might feel empty but they are not. everytime your baby nurese more milk is produced. my son is bf and he poops every 5-8 days and thats normal.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It's only been 3 days. If he's not uncomfortable, don't start sticking things up his butt!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would check with you dr if he stays like this or if when he does poop it is hard. Are you formulafeeding on the side. I did with my son and we had to switch to sensitive formula because the others would make him constipated. Also sitting their bottom in some warm water will help them to poo. Hope this helps good luck with your little one!
    cris_e6783

Answer by cris_e6783 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My doctor told me that some babies don't poop every day. My son went every 4-5 days and that was perfectly normal for him. Don't worry about it unless he seems to be in pain.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• First, just because you feel empty doesn't mean a thing. If you want to ditch the bottle, let him back to the breast when he wants more, it will tell your body to make more milk. If he's only getting breastmilk or EBF, it's not uncommon to go up to 10 days between bowel movements, as long as they are not dry, hard or pellet like. If he's getting formula too, I'm not too sure about that with the bowel movements, but I'd guess if its not hard, dry or pellet like, a few days is fine as well.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2009