2cm dialated... how long did u stay a 2?? i am 37weeks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my 1st, about 2 wks.
    With my 2nd, until I got a Csection.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think it really depends... Is this your first time? I recalled my first time, I had 3cm dialated but took another week to get to 5cm and in labor next morning. The 2nd time had 2cm and in labor a couple days later. The 3rd time I was supposed to go in for last time check-up but the water broke at 4am so had to be in labor room and the nurse checked it was 5cm. However, I had long time wating to dialate further more, I was laying there for another 10 hours before started pushing. Man...so you never known. Just move less and laying more if you don't want to be in labor now.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I was 2 cm for 4 weeks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• with my first...5 weeks.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• 2 cm for about 3 weeks the first time, about 4 DAYS the second time. :) Good luck- I see your answers are pretty varied!!! hahaha... hang in there momma- you're on your way!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 1:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I dont know... when I was checked at 31 weeks in L&D I was 2 cm dilated and then I dilate a cm every other week (3 at 33, 4 at 35 and 5 at 37) til I was induced at 38 1/2 weeks. So I dont know how long I was 2 cm for

But... you can be 2 cm for WEEKS or you can be 2 cm for an hour. There is no telling how long you will stay there. 2 cm at 37 weeks is pretty average
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• this was my first baby and my water actually broke at 2cm and i stayed that way for about an hour so it really depends walk a lot and you will go into labor it actually helps
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I never got to a 2 before my C-section at 39 weeks with my first. With my second, I was at "maybe a 1" at 39 weeks 3 days, and a 3 when I got to the hospital after an hour of intense contractions, so not long at a 2. But I've heard of women staying at 3 or 4 cm for weeks, so it really has no bearing on when you'll go into labor.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I was checked at 30 weeks and i was 3cm diliated, put on bedrest for 2 weeks and nothing had changed, so they let me go home. i am 34 weeks now, and i still have not gone into labor.. its been 4 weeks!
    ScEmz

Answer by ScEmz at 3:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• thank u ladies for ur answers... this is baby #2 for me!! i am just so nervous bout goin into labor with my bf being out on the road and him missing it once again....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2009