Question about vaccine for a 4 year old.

My son is going tomorrow for an annual check up and for the vaccine he needs to have as he is turning 4.
I was wondering what vaccine and how many will he get ?
The nurses that are at the office are not very help full and the pediatrician is out office until tomorrow so that's why I'm asking you ladies.
If their is a vaccine for different things did you ask the pediatrician to vaccinate different times ?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Paros

Asked by Paros at 12:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Google the recommendations for your state. They vary a little from state to state. You can get the AAP schedule here.

I don't vaccinate at all. :)

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Mine didn't get any at 4, he got his boosters at 5. You should be asking your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Have you tried looking at their website? Our pediatrician has the schedule on their website. Some drs don't do any at age 4 and some do so it's best to check. If you know any parents who use the same practice and have slightly older kids you can ask them too. We get DTaP and polio boosters at age 4 in our practice.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son didn't need any at 4, but there are 5 shots they need to start Kindergarten. My doctor started those shots, so not to do all 5 next year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son got I think 4 at his 4 year check up. I can't remember what they were though i'll have to go grab his paper and look.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son didn't get any at 4 yrs old except his yearly flu shot. He got his boosters at 5, right before Kindergarten.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• No, we had none at 4 yrs. If they're starting school though I think they need a TB test and sometimes a lead test? It might vary depending on where you live.
    toola

Answer by toola at 10:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Lead test? That is usually done at a younger age unless the child is at risk for lead poisoning. Same with TB it's only done for children who are at high risk.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009