Ever Get Poor Service?

I was at our local dunkin donuts this morning. There were two girls working, both were in the back of the store. I stood there for at least two minutes listening to them chatter and laugh giving me ample time i suppose to choose which donuts i wanted. Anyway, so the one girl comes up and takes my order, I tell her "two chocolate sprinkled donuts and one sprinkled rainbow donut". While i am talking to the other girl who has now come up front to get my order, the other girl gets the donuts and hands me the bag and disappears. The cashier gets my money and joins her little buddy in the back.

Well I look in my bag and I have one sprinkled chocolate and two sprinkled pink donuts. I stand there waiting for the girl to see me and i'm saying "excuse me!" really loud and she is eating something by the drive thru window. I'm waiting...and waiting. (cont)

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 12:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep, I think I would go back there again soon, if the manager is there you could make it kind of funny and say "hey I love this place, they give free donuts when they mess up your order",lol... Then maybe someone will take notice next time.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• ....finally she comes to the counter and I tell her "i haven't touched any of these I wanted two chocolate sprinkled and one pink" she throws in the extra chocolate donut and says "don't worry about it".

?????

Wonder how much money dunkin donuts loses to kids who don't care about what service they give their customers and all the "Free" product they dish out.

What would you have done?
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• asked for my $ back & left
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i have had this happen before at fast food restaurants.....like missing fries or a mixed up sandwich, they tell you to keep it because they would throw it away anyhow. but i do see your point about wasted money!
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Most food service places be it fast food or restaurant..once it has left the kitchen and is placed in the cutomers hands..or on the table it cannot be returned to the kitchen. They have to throw it away anyway. There is no excuse for it happening in the first place other than goofing off. Personally, I would contact the manager of the location and inform him of the poor service, the eating in the kitchen and the flippant attitude.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Eat the free donut and be happy about it....
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They would have just thrown it away if you gave back the wrong one. I would have just said thank you and left

Answer by admckenzie at 1:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They would have just thrown the wrong one away. I'd have just said Thanks and left

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I did say thank you, and I thought about complaining, wondering if it's really worth it though because my daughter and i frequent this place alot after I drop the kids off at school(at least 2 or 3 days a week)

My son also warned me that some of those kids tend to do indescribable things to people's orders when they tick them off.(and no i didn't ask what they were lol) I can only imagine.

Mrs leftlane i love your answer by the way!!! LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i work in a grocery store and anytime food is returned(even unopened boxes of stuff) it has to be thrown out
    i would be aggrevated because i expect good service wherever i go and not be ignored by people
    what gets me is that most days you go someplace and teenagers are yacking on the phone or texting
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2009